Our Monthly Puppet Show
Our puppetry literacy programme aims to improve children’s public speaking skills; raise their self esteem and self worth as well as profficiency in both English and Chinese language. Our little puppeteers are always looking forward to show their talent. We are proud of our children for being so adorable and our teachers who train them with loving care and patience!
We are the first and the only preschool in Singapore that plunge at the challenge to get our preschool children to perform monthly at public place as community involvement programme. All our children at kindergarten level have equal opportunity to perform at the puppet shows disregarding of their language proficiency level. We hope that you can give them the full support and applause disregading of the outcome of their performance. After all, they are just preschool children younger than 6 years old!!
All our monthly puppet shows are on Sundays from 3pm to 4pm. So head down to the Bishan library with your child to join us. Your child may even get a chance to replay the same puppet show if time permits.
Student volunteers for this programme are welcome. CIP points will be awarded accordingly for all secondary school volunteers. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Dates and titles of our monthly Puppet Shows
20-Jan-13 The Three Little Pigs
16-Feb-13 Little Red Hen
17-Mar-13 You Noisy Monkey
21-Apr-13 Henny Penny
19-May-13 The Monkey and the Crocodile
16-Jun-13 Ugly Duckling
21-Jul-13 The arrogant Mouse
August ——— No Show due to Library Congress
15-Sep-13 Little Red Riding Hood
20-Oct-13 Goldilocks and the Three Bears
23-Nov-13 Gingerbread Boy
22-Dec-13 Three Billy Goats Gruff
Below are some of our unedited past puppet shows:
Three Little Pigs Puppet Show @ Bishan Library on 20 January 2013
Little Red Hen Puppet Show @ Bishan Library on 16 February 2013
You Noisy Monkey Puppet Show @ Bishan Library on 17 March 2013
Henny Penny (English Version) @ Bishan Library on 21 April 2013
Henny Penny (Chinese Version) @ Bishan Library on 21 April 2013
The Monkey and the Crocodile @ Bishan Library on 18 May 2013
Sunny Bunny Montessori Graduation Ceremony cum Concert
Successful People Who Are Montessori Educated
Many famous individuals are the results of the Montessori influence. They are known for their initiative, creativity, and self confidence. Just to name a few, the following are some of the great people emerged from Montessori education.
1. Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft
2. Larry Page, Co-Founder of Google
3. Sergey Brin, Co-Founder of Google
4. Jeffrey Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com
5. Mark Zuckerberg – the co-founder of Facebook was apparently educated at a Montessori school.
6. Peter Drucker, Management Guru
7. Katharine Graham, Owner/Editor of the Washington Post. “The Montessori method—learning by doing— once again became my stock in trade…” from Personal History by Katharine Graham
8. Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis, Editor, Former First Lady
9. Sean ‘P. Diddy’ (formerly known as Puffy) Combs, RAP mega-star
10. Anne Frank, Author of The Diary of Anne Frank
11. Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize winner for Literature
12. Prince William and Prince Harry, English royal family
13. T. Berry Brazelton, Pediatrician and Author
14. Julia Child, Chef, Star of many TV Cooking Shows, and Author
15. Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Austrian painter and Architect
16. Elizabeth Berridge – actress
17. Kami Cotler – actress
18. Melissa and Sarah Gilbert – actors
19. David Blaine – a magician
20. Andrew Lloyd Webber and Hugh Grant, who both went to Wetherby, a Montessori school in London (the same school as Princes William and Harry)
21. Lea Salonga, from the O.B.Montessori Center, Phil. Inc., the famous Filipino singer and Broadway Actress. She is the star in the famous Broadway musical “Miss Saigon” and now “Cinderella” which is being shown in the Philippines stage.
National Day Celebration 2013
See the future children of our nation!
The great people with Montessori background:
Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple) is talking education, mentioning that Montessori schools are doing a better job than most in teaching independent thinking .
Sergey Brin and Larry Page (founders of Google) both attended Montessori preschool and both highlight that it was Montessori education that contributed to their independent thinking and success.
Sergey Brin (co-founder of Google) on the role of Montessori education in his and Larry Page’s life.
more information about great people connected with Montessori education can be found in this website: http://www.ami-montessori.org/education-resources/famous-montessori-people